The data processing on the SOCIO-BEE website is pursuant to the provision of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regime applicable to SOCIO-BEE headquartered in Greece (EU Member State). For further information, please check Section 2 of the present data protection policy.
Personal data, as defined by Article 4(1) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) include any information relating to an identified or identifiable living natural person. Personal data can be your first name, last name, e-mail address, email format and IP address. Hereinafter, by using the terms “we” and “our”; we refer to the data controller, as member of the SOCIO-BEE consortium. Hereinafter, by using the terms “you” and “your”, we refer to the SOCIO-BEE website visitor.
1. General information: What is SOCIO-BEE?
SOCIO-BEE is a research project that has received funding from the European Comission under grant agreement no. 101037648. The project started on October 2021and ends on September 2024.
SOCIO-BEE aims to create hives of citizens interested and engaged in activities in favor of the environment.
The present website is part of the dissemination and communication activities undertaken by the SOCIO-BEE consortium within the aim to successfully communicate its research output on a rather innovative topic to a wider public and facilitate the creation of synergies with interested stakeholders.
2. Contact information of the data controller and of the Data Protection Officer
The Ibercivis Foundation
In case you have any questions about the processing of your data when using the SOCIO-BEE website or your rights as data subject, send an email to email@example.com with the indication “Data Protection Inquiry”.
3. Data processing
When visiting the SOCIO-BEE website
You may access the website without having to disclose any data about your person. Nevertheless, the installed browser on your device sends automatically information to the server of the SOCIO-BEE website, including information about your browser type and version, as well as the date and time of access, so as to establish a connection and permit your access to the website.
Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your browser and stored on your device when you visit a website. The only cookies used on the Socio-Bee website are first-party cookies (cookies set by the website you are visiting and not third parties).
Cookies strictly necessary for the security and basic function of the website are installed automatically and dot require your consent. Cookies which are not required for the aforementioned reasons, require your explicit consent. Some cookies are deleted automatically after you close your browser. Other cookies, the so-called long-term/persistent cookies, may remain on your device or be automatically deleted after a defined period of time. You can provide or withdraw your consent at any time through the website’s cookie banner. The cookie banner is always accessible at the bottom page of the website, by clicking on XXXX .
The list of cookies on the SOCIO-BEE website is the following:
|socio-bee.eu||cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||It stores the user’s decision on accepting cookies.|
If you wish to adapt your settings through our cookie banner
If the Do Not Track option is not enabled or if you visit our website for the first time, you will be presented with a cookie banner where you can install a cookie called “cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary” which will keep track of your choice.
You can withdraw your consent or decide to consent again at any time through the cookie banner.
If you do not wish to install cookies for anonymised analytics
By default, the browsing experience of our website visitors is not tracked. Moreover, you can in general prevent the storage of cookies, by properly configuring your browser settings, for instance, by choosing the “disable cookies” function or the Do Not Track option, by enabling notifications before a new cookie is installed or by using a tool/add-on for cookies management. The SOCIO-BEE website will respect your choice and your browsing experience on our website will not be tracked for our anonymised statistics.
5. Social media plug-ins
We use social media to present and communicate our work through widely used communications channels, and maximise the impact of our research activities. Thus, on certain webpages of the SOCIO-BEE website, we use social media plug-ins (the so-called social media buttons) to enable this interaction. These plug-ins are small buttons, which can be recognized by bringing a social media logo, for instance the Facebook or Twitter logo. The function of these buttons is to allow you to share the contents of the SOCIO-BEE website in your profile on social networks, to access via links the SOCIO-BEE accounts in other social platforms, or to watch an embedded (or not) YouTube video of SOCIO-BEE activities. As of November 2021, the SOCIO-BEE consortium is active on three social networks: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The SOCIO-BEE website uses the Shariff solution, which is an open-source, low-maintenance, privacy-preserving tool maintained by the German computer magazine c’t and heise online. As long as you do not interact with the social media buttons on the SOCIO-BEE website by clicking on them, personal data of yours are not transmitted to the social media platforms by the mere fact that you are visiting our webpages, where these buttons appear. However, if you click on such a button, a connection is established between the SOCIO-BEE website and the social network. In that case, in addition to the contents in question, the operator of the social network may also obtain additional, partly personal, information, for instance, information about your SOCIO-BEE website visit.
The SOCIO-BEE website does not set cookies when displaying links to our social media channels. Nevertheless, each social media platform has their own data protection policy when accessing their websites. For example, if you choose to read our news on Twitter, you will be asked for explicit consent to accept Twitter cookies, and the same applies for all the other platforms. Moreover, if you do not wish the social media platforms to track data collected about you via our website back to your personal accounts, then please log out of your social media accounts before visiting our website.
Specifically, we use the following social media plug-ins:
Facebook Ireland Limited: share/link button
By clicking on the Facebook icon on our website, you will be re-directed to the Facebook website, which has its own cookie and privacy policies over which we have no control. For more information, please refer to the Facebook privacy notice.
Twitter International Company: share/link button
By clicking on the Twitter icon on our website, you will be re-directed to the Twitter website, which has its own cookie and privacy policies over which we have no control. For more information, please refer to the Twitter privacy statement.
LinkedIn: share/link button
By clicking on the LinkedIn button on our website, you will be redirected to the LinkedIn website, which has its own cookie and privacy policies over which we have no control. For more information, please refer to the LinkedIn privacy statement.
YouTube: link button
6. Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent at any time and without any consequences for you. This means that in future we may no longer continue to process the data as based on this consent;
- pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, to obtain information about whether your personal data are processed by us and where that is the case, access to those personal data. In particular, you may obtain information about the purpose of processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients, to whom your data has been or is disclosed to, the storage period planned, the existence of a right to request from the controller rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint and the source of your data if it has not been collected by us. Pursuant to Article 12, we must provide any communication relating to the processing to the data subject in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form, using clear and plain language.
- pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data without undue delay or the completion of your personal data stored with us;
- pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of your personal data stored with us unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to obtain the transmission to another data controller (right to data portability);
- pursuant to Article 21 GDPR, to object, on grounds relating from your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data, which is based on data processing for the purposes of legitimate interests. If you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you wish to exercise your rights or you wish to receive more information, please go to Section 2 – Contact information of the data controller and the Data Protection Officer, where you can find the most updated contact information.
Pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a national supervisory authority. You can contact the supervisory authority of your habitual residence or workplace or of our company headquarters. In the latter case, you can file a complaint with the XXXX [Name of national data protection authority].
7. Data security
All your personal data are transferred in an encoded manner using the widely used and secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption standard. You will recognise a secure TLS connection by the additional “s” after “http” (i.e., https://..) in the address bar of your browser or from the lock icon. Moreover, we use suitable technical and organisational measures, which are being continuously enhanced, to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties.
8. Amendments to this Data Protection Policy
This data protection policy is effective as of 20.04.2022 The policy was reviewed and amended in April 2022.
We keep our Data Protection Policy under regular review to make sure it is up to date and precise. Thus, it may become necessary to change it due to the potential addition of new features to the SOCIO-BEE website or due to further legal requirements.